September 16th, 2019 | by kristin aull | Posted in
Hello! The JMJ Team is very excited to announce our bi-monthly BLOG!! We are going to keep you updated with all things JMJ and also give tips and advice on house maintenance and new home construction. I want to first introduce you to the JMJ Team and give a little background on our business.
Rick Bivins started JMJ Custom Homes 26 years ago with the vision of providing the Owensboro area with top quality homes at the most efficient price. The name JMJ signifies the Holy Family: Jesus, Mary and Joseph. The Bivins’ family helped originate this name representing the Holy Family as the center of the business. Rick knew with prayer, hard work and determination he could bring this dream into reality.
The JMJ Team consist of five main employees in addition to our subcontractors and suppliers chosen to help fulfill our goal of high-quality labor and materials used on each home.
Rick Bivins is the owner of JMJ and oversees each project and home. Rick is very involved with our clients and works with them throughout the entire building process. He custom designs each house plan for our families, which gives us the opportunity to build every home based on the owner’s needs and wants.
John Bivins, son of Rick, is our project manager. John works on the jobsite and helps oversee each home, as well as, completing different woodwork and construction. John has been working on JMJ jobsites since he was about 5 years old. He grew up learning and his passion for construction has grown over his life and time working with his dad.
Adam Scott is also a project manager that works on each jobsite. Adam has worked with JMJ for 8 years and is very skilled in woodwork jobs. John and Adam make a great team and work together to keep everything running smoothly on each project. The work they provide on each home is vital to all of our projects.
Connie Russelburg, sister of Rick, is our office manager and typically the first voice you hear when calling JMJ. Connie handles all of JMJ’s finances, as well as providing fantastic customer service to our community and clients.
Kristin Aull, daughter of Rick, is the JMJ Marketing and Sales Director. She works closely with each client providing them answers to any questions throughout the project and bidding process. She also handles all of our marketing materials, website and social media.
Together as a team we strive to provide each family with a stress-free and enjoyable building process. We hope you enjoy our Blog!! Be sure to let us know if you have any questions or answers you would like us to go over about our home building process. We appreciate all the continued support from our amazing community and families.
October 22nd, 2019 | by kristin aull | Posted in
Happy Tuesday, everyone! This week we are showcasing one of JMJ’s Top Suppliers, Carpets Unlimited. Sharon Rone, with Carpets Unlimited in Owensboro, KY, offers FANTASTIC customer service to all of our clients. We understand how stressful it can be making decisions on your future home, and that’s why JMJ takes great care in selecting our suppliers. We trust that they will provide both the materials and the expertise needed to make this process as stress-free as possible for our clients. Sharon is amazing to work with and truly puts our clients’ needs and styles in mind when choosing their flooring selections. Carpets Unlimited offers custom flooring options which allows us to give each home the custom feel we are working to achieve. We appreciate our suppliers for always working hard in helping us offer high quality materials and amazing customer service.
Sharon offers some advice and knowledge for our clients when it comes to working with JMJ and picking out their home selections:
1. What products/materials does Carpets Unlimited offer to homeowners? We offer any type of flooring! Hardwood, laminate, LVT, Ceramic & Porcelain tile, Natural Stone, Carpet. We also carry several great furniture lines and Graber Blinds and window coverings.
2. What do you offer to future JMJ homeowners that makes your business stand out from other flooring suppliers? It is my goal to give our clients the best products available at the lowest possible prices. We offer design services to help the clients pull everything together in their new home; from flooring, shower and backsplash designs, to paint color selections.
3. What is your favorite part about working with the JMJ team? My favorite part of working with JMJ is their attention to detail throughout every step, from scheduling to the premium products they use. It should give the clients peace of mind, knowing they don’t have to worry about the quality of the materials used in their new home.
4. What advice do you have for family’s starting the home building process and making selections? I have always told my clients that when building, start the selection process where you have the fewest choices and work from there. If you only have a few cabinet styles and colors to choose from, select those first, then move to flooring where you have dozens (if not hundreds) of choices and then on to selections like paint colors where the choices are endless.
5. Tell us something interesting/unique about your business or products that you offer? We are a locally owned business that has tremendous buying power, and have products for every budget from entry level to high end and everywhere in between. Ken tells me we will match any locally advertised price on identical products. JMJ customers will have a dedicated consultant to work with throughout the building process. They simply call and make an appointment with me and I will be their representative from beginning flooring selection through final installation of all flooring and tile materials.
We want to give a huge thank you to Carpets Unlimited and Sharon Rone for consistently offering our clients the best advice and assistance when picking their flooring selections.
The JMJ Team
October 1st, 2019 | by kristin aull | Posted in
Happy fall, Y’all! The leaves are beginning to change and the nights are becoming cooler which means it’s time for homeowners to start preparing for winter. JMJ Custom Homes recommends some very important fall house maintenance tips:
- Remove all hoses from outside hydrants to prevent from freezing and breaking.
- Clean all gutters and remove debris to allow them to flow freely.
- Change standard filters and schedule a time for your furnace to be serviced. JMJ recommends Billy Emberton with Efficient Air. Feel free to give him a call at 270-315-0309.
- Change all smoke alarm batteries.
- Schedule a fall/winter service with Innovative Pest Solutions at 270-685-3556.
- Add a gallon of water to any unused drains, such as, laundry/mud room sinks.
- If your home includes a chimney you will need to have it cleaned and checked before colder weather arrives.
JMJ Custom Homes works hard to build our clients’ homes that will maintain their quality for years to come. Keeping up with yearly house maintenance helps your home maintain (and likely increase) its value and prevents more costly maintenance down the road. . We hope these tips are helpful as you prepare for the upcoming winter months! Have a great week.
The JMJ Team